Inspired by Dru Blood....
1. How tall are you barefoot?
2. Have you ever smoked heroin?
No, but I did once smoke opium in college. (Don't ask. I don't remember. Really.)
3. Do you own a gun?
5. Do you get nervous before "meeting the parents"?
Dru Blood said, "I get nervous before meeting ANYONE." Same here.
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
Yuck. But a good bratwurst with dijon... I could enjoy that.
7. What's your favorite Christmas song?
"Thank you very much" (a song from the movie Scrooge, starring Albert Finney, which is simply the best Christmas movie and the perfect companion to It's a Wonderful Life)
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Dark roast coffee.
9. Do you do push-ups?
Why would I?
10. Have you ever done ecstacy?
11. Are you vegan?
No. But some of my best friends are vegans.
12. Do you like painkillers?
When I am in pain, yes. But the dopey stuff messes me up.
13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex potential lovers?
Based on experience, I'd say baggy sweats and dirty hair ... or a rather sad and pathetic personal ad on some matchmaking website. Overall, I think I scare people.
14. Do you own a knife?
How else would I cook?
15. Do you have A.D.D.?
It's rather silly to put this question so far down, isn't it?
16. Date Of Birth?
17. Top 3 thoughts at this exact moment:
I want to go home.
My blogs are being sadly neglected.
I'm glad I have this silly meme to blog, because I've had too much beer (see #18) to come up with something pithy on my own -- of course, this assumes that at some point I actually do come up with something pithy, but really, I'm under no illusions.
18. Name the last 3 things you have bought:
When I look at that, I think, "Life is good!"
19. Name five drinks you regularly drink:
Orange (or grapefruit) juice.
20. What time did you wake up today?
21. Current hair?
Straight on good days, stringy or frizzy on bad days. Brushing my shoulders. I like to think it's blonde, but in actual fact looks more like the color of dishwater.
22. Current worry?
Time. I really have so much to do, and it's all quite all of the sudden. I know I can do it, and I believe I can do it well, but time is the scarce resource.
23. Current hate?
The right-wing misogyny parade.
24. Favorite place to be?
Shoulder to shoulder, joined at the hip, with the one I love (if I were in love, that is).
25. Least favorite place to be?
Anywhere with fluorescent lights.
26. Where would you like to go?
Japan. Europe. I like to travel, but only if I can take the time and relax.
27. Do you own slippers?
28. Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs?
I have no friggin idea, but I'm sick of moving so hopefully it will at least be where I will have been 9 years from now.
29. Do you burn or tan?
First I reflect everything. Then I burn. With patience, I could tan, but tan for me would be sickly pale for most people.
30. Last thing you ate?
31. Would you be a pirate?
No. I get seasick.
32. Last time you had an alcoholic drink?
Right before I typed this sentence.
33. What songs do you sing in the shower?
"Singing in the Rain." No, not really. But there is this song a lounge singer sings in War of the Gargantuas (yes, that silly Japanese horror flick) this song, "The words get stuck in my throat," and I keep thinking, "The worms get stuck in my throat." I know, I'm kind of sick that way. I blame it on Saturday TV.
34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
Lobsters. They had live lobsters in a tank at the local grocery. My dad would take them out to scare me, so naturally I had nightmares about them.
35. What's in your pockets right now?
36. Last thing that made you laugh?
I laugh all the time, but I never remember jokes, and when I'm stressed I tend to get too uptight and not laugh enough, and right now I don't remember laughing, really laughing, in quite some time. That really is sad, isn't it?
37. Best bed sheets you had as a child?
Clean ones. I thought flannel was pretty cool for a while, but I didn't like how they stuck to my pjs. And satin felt really neat the first time I felt them, but on hot nights (erm) they can get (um) sticky.
38. Worst injury you've ever had?
Most traumatic was breaking a toof. I had a concussion once, but I don't remember it much. When I broke my arm in high school, my dad didn't believe me and I had to wait over 18 hours before my parents finally took me to the ER.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house?
41. Who is your loudest friend?
If I said, she wouldn't be my friend any more.
42. Who is your most silent friend?
I tend to be the most silent.
43. Does someone have a crush on you?
Probably not. If so, he (or she?) has never said anything or shown any signs.
45. What is your favorite book?
I still have not found a book that moved me like The Grapes of Wrath.
46. What is your favorite candy?
47. What songs do/did you want played at your wedding?
Let's start with the wedding march. As Time Goes By. Whatever "our song" might be. Other than that, I really would not care, as long as it wasn't too much disco.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral?
I can't say I'd have much of an opinion on the subject at that point. Maybe "spring" from The Four Seasons.
49. What were you doing 12AM last night?
50. Do you love the pain a tattoo brings?
Ask me after I've had one. (Does this relate to question 12?)