March 10 has marked National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers. Last year, Refuse & Resist said:
On this day -
Stand up with your abortion services providers and say:
Thank you for your heroism, perserverance, courage, and commitment to women.
* Praise clinic staff and doctors with cards and letters of appreciation. Let them know they have your support and thanks.
* Bring your local clinic staff flowers or a breakfast basket of fruit or muffins.
* Organize local appreciation day events.
* Organize with others to hold a March 10th dinner with area providers.
* Step up to the front lines and be a volunteer clinic escort.
* Ask your local provider how you can help.
* Write your local newspaper, call talk shows to express support.
* Take out ads in your newsletters and local newspapers.
* Use your imagination, creativity and dedication to help create a climate at clinics where women, doctors and staff can hold their heads high without feeling shamed or fearing assault.
I don't know if this is happening again this year. But it seems to be me that it should this year, more than ever....