National Women's Party 2005

Comments

There's another possibility

Try doing what the Working Families Party -- which is the line I vote -- does in New York: The Power of Fusion Politics

Fusion politics gives you the power of positive pressure once your candidates win and the power of negative pressure -- of denying support -- that you describe here.

Karl the Idiot's picture
Posted by Karl the Idiot on 1 September 2005 - 6:57am
I'm with you, Morgaine.

I'm with you, Morgaine. I've been a Democrat for a long time but I'm thoroughly fed up with this shit.

stephanie's picture
Posted by stephanie on 1 September 2005 - 7:35am
I don't know what the answer is

...but the Dems seem to be making sure they aren't it.

Posted by media girl on 1 September 2005 - 7:43am
What have they done for

What have they done for anyone who has "progressive" interests, lately? Nothing, nada, diddly-squat. They're too damn busy being Republicans Light. The environment, a big issue for me, has pretty much been swept under the carpet by the war on...whatever the hell the Republicans have pulled out of their [bleeps]. When have today's Democrats stood up for any issue that leans left?

And when someone, like Dean, dares to actually say anything "impolitic," instead of standing behind his comment, as the Republicans do, all the other Dems scurry away, "distancing" themselves from the offending party.

Weakest, sorriest excuse for a Party, ever.

Pat Kirby's picture
Posted by Pat Kirby (not verified) on 1 September 2005 - 8:42am
Time for a new party

I keep saying it over and over. Perot may have been the wrong guy, but he almost did it. The country is ready for a new political party since the two existing ones have had a merger - as many large corporations are doing.

The government has been largely privatized in more ways than one. Privatizing the post office, for example, was seen as a great move. No one has noticed that the House and Senate have also been privatized.

Time to throw the bums out and bring in a new party and new slate.

Posted by Matsu on 1 September 2005 - 9:24am
Time for a new party

As a GDI, I'd change and actually join a women's party.

Robin Lee's picture