Women's Rights ARE Human Rights

Comments

Left wing bigots?

Do you have to bring up so many topics in one post?

[list=1]

[*] Women are not paid less than men for the same work

[*] If your work is underpaid pick a different career

[*] Those "children" in the wars have two parents actually, one is male

[*] Women are responsible for wars as well as men

[*] Men are not systematically raped in war - that's what prison is for

[*] Men are not systematically raped in war - they are killed or dismembered

[*] women are not systematically raped in war

[*] Men can't walk away from an unwanted pregnancy

[*] women can walk away from an unwanted pregnancy either by abortion or adoption

[*] you don't need a coathanger for a self-administered abortion

[*] you're complaining women die in childbirth in the same post you claim men dying in war is sexism against WOMEN????

[/list]

BTW, speaking as someone whose been a lefty anti-feminist for about ten years they are as rare as hen's teeth. Please tell me of these lefty anti-feminists?

Now one thing you said made sense and that's the bit about enslaving people. You said women so perhaps I shouldn't assume you're against enslaving men? What's the principle here?

If this is really a civil liberties issue that's applicable to everyone regardless of gender, why do you come out with all that anti-male bullshit? You think men don't know about being forced to do stuff they'd rather not? Why make this about gender?

DavidByron's picture
Posted by DavidByron on 5 March 2005 - 9:31pm
A few facts...

Do you have to bring up so many topics in one post?

I was talking about one topic, Women's Rights, with universal repercussions. It touches everything.

Women are not paid less than men for the same work

They are, in fact, paid less than 76 cents on the dollar for comparable work and that number is going down, not up.

If your work is underpaid pick a different career

Some people are so poor that they don't have a choice. 80% of the poor are women and children. You are speaking as an entitled male who HAS options that most in this society don't enjoy.

Those "children" in the wars have two parents actually, one is male

Maybe, but considering that a lot of kids from single parent homes join the military to help their families, most of those dads are missing and/or deadbeats.

Women are responsible for wars as well as men

NO, we aren't. Peace movements and opposition to war is always driven by women.

Men are not systematically raped in war - that's what prison is for

and that isn't right either. No one should be so powerless as to be subject to rape.

Men are not systematically raped in war - they are killed or dismembered

Using your "logic", it's their fault for going to war in the first place.

women are not systematically raped in war

Have you read a newspaper this century?! How about since the 1980's? Bosnia, Ruwanda, Darfur and every war EVER FOUGHT!

Men can't walk away from an unwanted pregnancy

They do it every fucking day.

women can walk away from an unwanted pregnancy either by abortion or adoption

1) if there are no complications, her body will still never be the same.

2) If there are complications, she can be maimed or die.

3) How many women do you know who have 9 months to spare?

4) Abortion still has side effects - post partum depression, scarring, pain, risk of infection or bleeding to death. Shall I post my article about what an abortion is like for a poor woman?

you don't need a coathanger for a self-administered abortion

Again, you are talking about ideals that don't exist for everyone. A teenager who gets pregnant in a society that forbids abortion and punishes fornication or who has no sex education may have no other option.

IF you are unable to follow a simple train of thought, you really shouldn't be wasting our time.

Not at all, dear, their blogs are positively fashionable these days.

I am against ALL slavery. What I want to know is why Slavery is ok to you as long as the slave is a woman?

I'm not anti-male. I'm anti-entitled white assholes. I'm anti-patriarchy. I'm Pro Woman in every respect, and that takes nothing away from my love for real men.

Posted by Morgaine Swann on 5 March 2005 - 10:45pm
The scary thing is

we think alike in many respect.

Be afraid.

Hey the name's Arthurian, right?

You actually present a good set of answers there. "It touches everything" of course. The only down side is that if I try to reply to everything then you reply to everything I say and so on we'll have solved the world's problems or ....

Please do list some of these anti-feminist lefty blogs because I was anti-feminist for a long time and the only allies I had generally on the web were conservative assholes. It was good for me of course because no one's a complete asshole. It's good to see the other side. Apart from a few authors like Warren Farrell I've not seen lefties against feminism.

Thank you for not replying in combative way about the male rape in prison thing.

Have you read a newspaper this century?! How about since the 1980's? Bosnia, Rwanda, Darfur and every war EVER FOUGHT!

Well sure but systematically? That's the question there. Saddam was accused of having rape camps. And WMDs of course. Do you mean the Kosovo war and not the Bosnian war btw? I always get those confused. Milosevic was accused of having rape camps too but none were found of course. Rape camps are like WMDs - they make a good pretect for invasion but then they move to Syria.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure people get raped. And far worse; both sexes; especially men of course. Gendercide of battle-aged men is a very popular tactic. For example the Americans employed it with Falloojeh.

NO, we aren't. Peace movements and opposition to war is always driven by women.

It's true that women are usually a little more pro-peace, although not so much over this last war as I understand it. I always wonder if this isn't because of mental dissonance on the part of veterans. What I mean is that if you are forced to do X you basically come to justify X in your mind. Since most - basically all - soldiers are male, it is only men that are trained to like war by being forced to participate. About a third of men in America are veterans. If those were excluded would men still be more in favour of war than women?

LOL. I bet you get the CEOs of blue chip companies posting down here all the time right? Got to beat them off with a broom, eh? Bet you earn more than I do.

The 76 cents thing is a fraud. You know that doesn't compare like with like. It's just the total of all women's wages and men's wages compared. It's about as un-same work as you can get. And 76 cents? That shows your age. What is that? 1980's?

80% of the poor are women and children.

And 80% of the homeless are men. I always wondered how they calculated that "80% of the poor" thing. I bet it's a fix but I could never get the wa formula. Anyway the point is we both know men and wom,en get paid exactly the same for the same work but they don't work the same work of course. But that doesn't sound as good as all this 76 cents crap.

So then you tell me that secretaries ought to be paid what truck drivers are. No the poor can't just choose another job of course not. Least of all in America where the poor stay poor (notwithstanding the lottery). But those women knew truck drivers got paid more when they decided it was a crappy job with godawful hours away from home most of the time and secretary was a nice indoor job with a desk and a boss that gets you a crappy present once a year.

Men can't walk away from an unwanted pregnancy

They do it every fucking day.

I'm sorry. I thought you meant, "Men can't walk away from an unwanted pregnancy without risking getting their ass arrested for it". My mistake.

Oh... what were we originally talking about? Right. Abortion. Why is this cached in equality terms as if men already had a right to abortion or something? Men can't have an abortion and more to the point men have no legal way to avoid becoming a parent against their will once they have sex. Women have the upper hand because they have legal options men lack. Why do you even go on about abortion anyway? It's legal already. Bush isn't going to touch it -- he'd lose his flag-burning (fag-burning?) issue.

By making it into a special women's issue you might help get some conservatives on side but you open yourself up to all this stuff about banning women from drinking while they are pregnant. You make pregnant women this magical thing.

DavidByron's picture
Posted by DavidByron on 5 March 2005 - 11:59pm
David, rape is being used in

David, rape is being used in the Sudan (for one example) to *systematically* terrorize women and to force women to bear the enemy's children as a punishment.

Anne's picture
Posted by Anne (not verified) on 6 March 2005 - 9:05am
Doesn't say that

I can't see anything in that article that would suggest that the rapes are sytematic.

DavidByron's picture
Posted by DavidByron on 6 March 2005 - 1:26pm
Boys will be boys

It's not systematic? Just guys out, being themselves?

Posted by Matsu on 6 March 2005 - 3:07pm
So you're calling all men rap

So you're calling all men rapists now?

DavidByron's picture
Posted by DavidByron on 6 March 2005 - 3:26pm
Rapists

No, not all men. Just the ones doing the raping - systematic or otherwise.

Posted by Matsu on 6 March 2005 - 3:29pm
I'm not seeing what you are d

I'm not seeing what you are driving at in quoting that piece. Are you under the impression I am saying that rape doesn't take place during war time? Do you understand what "systematic" means here? It means you are claiming the Sudanese government has a policy of rape. Where's the evidence for that?

DavidByron's picture