If you were wondering whether the right wing has embraced fascism

Comments

Ha.. they are more afraid of

Ha.. they are more afraid of Howard Dean than Harry "Keep your powder dry" Reid... Pelosi doesn't even rank...that tells you something about our so called leadership.

Parker's picture
Posted by Parker (not verified) on 5 January 2006 - 12:55pm
Ward Churchill

Are you serious that you don't know who Ward Churchill is?

Despite many slander campaigns by the American Right, Churchill is one of the better activists in the USA today. He also has the guts to challenge the mainstream on what is presented as truth on Natives, militarism and history.

He is controversial and has probably messed up a few times, but many of his critiques of American/North American culture hold water. He's worth checking out.

Jenn's picture
Posted by Jenn (not verified) on 5 January 2006 - 2:58pm
Wardo

Wardo deserves credit for one of the most impressive feats of ethnic impersonation in American history. He has possibly made more money playing an Indian than all Native American actors added together.

The inevitable defense of Wardo by his uncritical acolytes is that some of the things he says are true; this is so. They seem unaware that these things have been said previously and more eloquently by other scholars, and that some of the things he says are completely made up.

I happen to think that leftist profs are de rigeur at major universities, like ivy, but for 90 grand a year a sense of humor and the rudiments of a literary style should not be too much to ask.

But then most of his critics can't spell "hippie."

Peter Aretin's picture
Posted by Peter Aretin (not verified) on 7 January 2006 - 2:57pm
I wish I could remember

where I read it, but something I read recently tried to explain why desecration of the Quran is so offensive. Basically, the idea was that the Quran, any Quran, is the words of Allah made manifest, in much the same way that Jesus is the Logos in Christian theology. A physical manifestation of the Word of God. I can't vouch for how accurate that is, but it made sense to me.

Madman in the Marketplace's picture
Posted by Madman in the M... on 5 January 2006 - 3:11pm
Feeling left out

Goddammit. Who do you have to sleep with to get on this list?

Stupid Country's picture
Posted by Stupid Country on 5 January 2006 - 9:31pm
You have a choice

Anyone of the same sex

Anyone who is poor

Anyone who is using birth control

Anyone who is not using birth control

Anyone who is not a Republican power broker

Anyone who is French

But if you sleep with Chalabi, you're good as gold.

Posted by media girl on 6 January 2006 - 1:53am
Huh?????

Sorry Mediagirl, but you not knowing who Marla Mapes or Ward Churchill are just lets me know that you are not very informed. You probably get all your news off of MTV. NEWS FLASH .... Kurt Loder is not a credible Jornalist. Not that that has ever mattered to a liberal. Also you weren't very clear about how putting this people on the most annoying liberal list supports the "Right wing" embrasing Fascism.

If I were a doctor I would diagnose you with classic Liberalism. The only cure for this is working for your own money, paying taxes, and gaining some maturity.

Until this happens you can fight the symptoms with zoloft and Fox news.

Go check out my blog for the truth at http://chc1.blogspot.com

Red Stater's picture
Posted by Red Stater (not verified) on 6 January 2006 - 8:07am
Sorry I didn't write the post at Teletubbies level for you

It just seems that right wingers have a real hard time with anyone who questions the gubmint. You guys love your gubmint! If you don't get the great irony of that, that's not my problem.

Your fear of liberalism is palpable, though. If you stopped looking at the world from under your armpit and talking out of your backside, maybe you'd find some relief from your chronic anxiety.

But leave it to a wingnut to tell liberals who the important liberals are. Wingnuts are always trying to tell other people what to do, what to think, what to be ... You people are really pretty tiresome. Self-loathing has really done a number on you.

Posted by media girl on 6 January 2006 - 9:33am
Ho Hum

All that blather and you still didn't answer my question. Liberals who can't stray from the talking points mostly because they are very uninformed, like yourself mediagirl, tend to just insult the people questioning their statements. As for my supposed fear of liberalism, what's to fear, liberals are so far out of the mainstream that they have hardly any voice in our government. Republicans have the House, Senate, Presidency, and will soon have the Supreme Court.

I know that is hard to read a credible news story as opposed to talking Michael Moore's word for it, but you should stop drinking the Kool-aid Media and get some news from other sources and at least try to find the truth.

Also, I am still waiting for an explanation of how this list of annoying liberals supports your premise that the right wing is fascist?

For the truth and honest political debate go to http://chc1.blogspot.com

Red Stater's picture
Posted by Red Stater (not verified) on 9 January 2006 - 8:41am
You just love the gubmint, doncha?

All government power is wonderful, as long as it's your Party in charge, right? What a fool you are. Go on to your "alternative news sources" like Rush and Bill so you can all feel superior while you chearlead the building of a fascist state brick by brick.

If you don't like the political debate here, then go elsewhere. Go to your own echo chamber, where you all can shine your jack boots and share stories of torture and sticking it to libruls, and tell each other it's your right because of your "moral values."

Me, I prefer a democracy.

Posted by media girl on 9 January 2006 - 10:42am
Still won't / can't answer the question

Ok here's a little help for you:

Fascism

- A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

Can't you even attempt to answer my question. I couple more times of you dodging this question and even your mindless Kool-aid drinking drones are going to lose faith in you.

Tell me , on your blog, how the "gubmint" has censored you, kind of ironic don't you think. Give me examples of belligerent Nationalism, even someone as inept as yourself should be able to come up with something there. Give me some examples of how there is racism with African Americans filling some of the highest positions in this administration.

I do like the political debate here and find it very easy to shine with the collection of nitwits you have on this blog. I think that it is exposing you for what you really are, a person who really doesn't know anything. When confronted with an opposing viewpoint or a fact you simply dodge the question and insult them. What grade are you in? I hear that the seventh grade can be a hard transition for some.

You also seem to use the nazi terminology du jour. Whats next's ? If you use goosestepping in a sentence I am going to puke. You don't know who Ward Churchill or Marla Mapes is but you expect us to believe that you know what a jackboot is.

Also, I have listed my echo chamber here and I, unlike yourself, can provide the facts that have lead me to believe what I have said. You won't do that, much less cite a fact or news story from a credible information source that would validate your opinions here.

Answer the damn question. What facts lead you to believe that posting a list of annoying liberals prove the rightwing is fascist????

Come here political debate that can be backed up with facts http://chc1.blogspot.com

your name here's picture
Posted by your name here (not verified) on 9 January 2006 - 12:38pm
Methinks thou dost protest too much

'Nuff said.

Posted by media girl on 9 January 2006 - 12:43pm
Typical Liberal

Couldn't even come up with one fact.

That is a shame now all your readers know what a fraud that you are.

click here to post to the blogger that "whooped" media girl, nuff said http://chc1.blogspot.com

Red Stater's picture
Posted by Red Stater (not verified) on 9 January 2006 - 1:23pm
Typical conservative

The pot calling the kettle black.

Posted by media girl on 9 January 2006 - 4:29pm
I'm waiting

That sound you guys here in the background is media girl running away with her tail between her legs.

Whats the matter Media Girl did you run out of catchy little Nazi euphuisms. You couldn't provide one fact to validate your claim, how pitiful is that. Here's a tip for your tip jar "When you make a stupid statement try to have a fact or two to back it up" you slack jawed dimwit.

Now if you'll excuse me I am off to shine my jack boots and press my brown shirt.

Red Stater's picture
Posted by Red Stater (not verified) on 9 January 2006 - 4:41pm
Do you here what I here?

The sound us guys hear is the sound of the spelling-impaired.

Peter Aretin's picture
Posted by Peter Aretin (not verified) on 13 January 2006 - 5:52pm
Actually...

...some attractive choices in your list. I don't mean Chalabi.

Stupid Country's picture
Posted by Stupid Country on 7 January 2006 - 10:47pm
Right-wing embraces fascism

Thank you for mentioning this. The dominant faction of today's American right wing cannot be called conservative in any traditional American usage of the term. American conservatives have traditionally distrusted budget deficits the size of the planet Jupiter and messianic foreign policies. With some honorable exceptions--many of whom can be found at antiwar.com--today's "conservatives" dismiss budget deficits as irrelevant and think wars are just peachy-keen as long as they don't have to get their chickenhawk feathers ruffled in any of them.

Fiscal and military recklessness, and hatred of dissent, are hallmarks of fascism, not true conservatism.

Ivory Bill Woodpecker's picture
Posted by Ivory Bill Woodpecker (not verified) on 8 January 2006 - 3:53am
A wing and a prayer

So much of what we laughingly call "conservatism" these days is pure knee-jerkery: Whatever those damn lib'rals are for, they're agin' it.

And vicey-versey, it seems.

Times of extreme polarization seem to favor dimwits. There's just less and less room for subtlety.

Peter Aretin's picture