Why reproductive rights indeed

Comments

dishonesty

Hi Mediagirl,

When did I say that an acorn = an oak tree? I said that an acorn isn't an oak tree but it is an oak. Artemisia agrees with what I said about an acorn being the same species as an oak. Your intellectual dishonesty is obvious and quite saddening.

But then again, I'm just a fundie wacko who likes to impose his religious beliefs on others by providing quotes from embryology textbooks.

Jivin J's picture
Posted by Jivin J (not verified) on 30 December 2005 - 12:43pm
can't see the forest for the acorns

i just cut down my neighbor's oak

by stepping on her acorn!!!!

now i'm off to have some delicous chicken,

by cracking open some eggs!!!

bayprairie's picture
Posted by bayprairie on 30 December 2005 - 12:58pm
My my my

Okay, so you say an acorn is an oak. It's still wrong.

Your last statement at least is mostly true, imho, though you do a lot more than quoting texts you don't understand and refuse to explain or define terms for.

I'd ask you for proof that I'm being dishonest, but you're not very good at proving anything else so far.

Posted by media girl on 30 December 2005 - 1:34pm
So did you lie?

If it's still wrong then why did you post the response from Artemesia saying that an acorn is a species of oak? That's the same thing as I said. She was agreeing with my statement regarding whether an acorn is a species of oak.

I defined terms in our last discussion - the only thing I received was a snide response. How don't I understand the texts I quoted? You're the one that says quotes from embryology textbooks aren't evidence?

Proof? You claimed that I said "an acorn = an oak tree" - when did I say that? This is what I said "an acorn is an oak. It's not yet an oak tree but it is an oak. In the same way, an oak seedling is an oak but it's not an oak tree. In the same way, an oak sapling isn't yet a 30 foot oak tree yet it's still an oak. That's it's genus and species - just like the genus and species of a unborn human being is homo sapiens."

So I said that an "acorn isn't yet an oak tree" and you turn that into "an acorn = an oak tree." This seems to be your basic strawman strategy when arguing with someone - take their argument, expose it to radiation so it transforms into a statement that they never said (or even said the complete opposite of) and then attack the argument you've created for them instead of actually attack their actual argument.

I find it amazing how quickly quoting embryology textbooks turns me into a fundamentalist whacko and Dobson lover in this pro-choice crowd. I guess if you don't like the evidence from science textbooks all you have to do is attack the integrity of the person who quotes them and then you can ignore science.

Jivin J's picture
Posted by Jivin J (not verified) on 3 January 2006 - 7:42am
awwwww

did I hurt your feelings?

So sorry, but you deserve nothing more than scorn. You've memorized a lazy and fallacious argument for an ideology that considers pre-sentient bundles of cells as being more important than a living woman.

You can wrap your "reasonableness" around yourself like a warm coat, and pretend that you're not being intellectually dishonest and misogynistic, but it doesn't change the fact that those things are exactly what you are. You are a cultist. You worship the pre-baby, some weird elevated totem for holy "life". You are little different from a Moonie or a Branch Davidian or a member of the Family (I'm sure you and your friends are quick to belittle other cults, claiming they're not "real" religions) ... it's just that your cult is bigger and owns more politicians.

If you can't see that claiming that a fetus = human being is the same as saying acorn = oak, then you really should go to your nearest university and take Logic 101.

Don't you have a weeping Mary statue or something to go worship? Maybe a Golden Calf? Oh, wait, that was a different cult.

Madman in the Marketplace's picture
Posted by Madman in the M... on 30 December 2005 - 2:18pm
Ignore Jivin J

Seriously, he's a self-righteous troll that pops up in anything that has to do with abortion, waving his holier-than-thou ideology in other people's faces. I read several blogs and he seems to be quite active commenting on the subject.

He's neither intelligent enough or interesting enough to keep feeding. Just ignore him...

Jennaphyr's picture