Hillary wraps herself in the flag

Comments

You rock

Well put. I completely agree. Hillary couldn't care about traditional liberal values if she supports this. Down with Hillary!

Chris's picture
Posted by Chris (not verified) on 6 December 2005 - 1:44pm
i think you are being a bit

i think you are being a bit naive. hillary has no need to pander to the left. the few people who are pissed at hillary for supporting this amendment are sufficiently outraged by bush that they'll vote for her one way or another. in the end, would you rather have her be more electable in a general election or keep a couple of liberal intellectuals content?

sven's picture
Posted by sven (not verified) on 6 December 2005 - 2:13pm
I think you're the one who's naive

...if you think a wishy washy Hillary is going to compel undecided voters to get out to the polls.

Posted by media girl on 6 December 2005 - 5:23pm
I don't think she's

I don't think she's electable now. I don't see how pandering to the rightwing is going to make her any more electable come 08.

Nonsense's picture
Posted by Nonsense (not verified) on 6 December 2005 - 5:43pm
Hillary's run to the right

It is hard to desecrate something that is NOT a religious symbol. Silly people.

The flag is a symbol that represents the values codified in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Destroying the right to free political expression and speech in order to protect the symbol of free speech is as contradictory and asinine as any conservative idea that I have ever heard.

My art and rant about Hillary and the flag subject is here.

The big veteran's groups thinks Hillary is just conning them. Both she and they know that a flag protection bill will never cut constitutional muster. A constitutional amendment is required, at a minimum. And that may never be written in a constitutional way.

aahpat's picture
Posted by aahpat (not verified) on 6 December 2005 - 6:23pm
once flag burning is legal

then it is worthless as a protest. If it doesn't upset people or draw attention to the cause, it will gather no new news. Flag burning is a way for protestors to create a non-destructive (in a *real* way) notice that they are unhappy with the status quo.

www.manicexpressions.net

www.bitchingandmoaning.org

gballsout's picture
Posted by gballsout on 24 December 2005 - 9:13am
I have to disagree

Flag desecration is legal and it still pisses people off like almost nothing else. It is very effective political speech. I make a regular point of it.

Stupid Country's picture