To stand for something, or to chase after anything

Comments

It's not the way Kos feels about NARAL

that makes him a sexist ass. It's his insistence that my uterus is not "important shit." Nobody is going to tell me that my own body is not important enough to fight for. I'd never tell that to anyone else.

Support the Women's Autonomy and Sexual Sovereignty Movements

Posted by Morgaine Swann on 16 September 2005 - 1:12am
Agreed

Interestingly enough, some would say that Hackett's support of the NRA was just as much of a sell out as Gene Taylor's on abortion.

I'm totally with you and fighting for core Democrat values. I just think that the focus needs to be on building up strong candidates that share your values early on and helping them win elections instead of how us liberals have been sitting back and letting the conservatives win the seats and then complaining about it.

On Katrina Gene Taylor was a fine speaker last night. He make a lot of good points. It's his home. He represents it. He's a good choice to speak on that issue. He should have a chance to hold the administration accountable.

That doesn't mean that we're electing him lord over all Democrats. Just that on this issue he's a good choice. That makes sense to me.

If you think that we should kick pro-life Democrats out of the Party, I think that you are wrong. I think that we need to fight harder for pro-choice candidates. We have been losing that battle. Hackett has been a real ray of hope on that issue. about this after the first debate in the last election are a case in point.

You build your coalitions. You pick your people. You fight like hard and you fight smart. When you win great. When you lose you make sure to hold the winners accountable.

Ohio2nd's picture
Posted by Ohio2nd on 16 September 2005 - 7:44am
Tell me, Ohio2nd

Would you say the same thing if he were a wizard in the KKK?

Posted by media girl on 16 September 2005 - 8:22am
He's a murderer.

If he doesn't support reproductive autonomy, he's a murderer. It's that simple. He'd let me die in childbirth before he'd let me have an abortion. I don't want him in the fucking party, I don't even want him in my species. When an issue comes up where YOUR life is in danger, I'll care about your opinion. No Uterus, No Opinion.

Support the Women's Autonomy and Sexual Sovereignty Movements

Posted by Morgaine Swann on 16 September 2005 - 7:24pm
beware the messenger

your values are great, but i think you need to see for yourself who represents those values. does "fuck her" really convince you that hillary clinton is a bitch who should shut up and suck more dick like booman and the republicans he doesn't notice controlling his message want her to?

hillary clinton stands for all the values you listed. so you should ask yourself why booman hates her. he should ask himself, too.

jami's picture
Posted by jami (not verified) on 17 September 2005 - 5:51pm
I'm not so sure about Hillary

I think Hillary is for Hillary first, and everything else after. I'm suspicious of all DLC types. There's no question she's smart, but I can't say I am comfortable trusting her, or that I always believe what she says.

Posted by media girl on 17 September 2005 - 7:36pm