Trolls and last words

Comments

Oh god another men's rights '

Oh god another men's rights 'activist'. Fucking a. They have to be the most whining, insepid lot that ever walked this earth.

Why don't you open up your own DV shelters, you lazy git, instead of trying to close DV shelters for women that are already under-funded? But that would make sense. You don't actually want to do any work, all you want to do is get a hard-on with your friends over your hatred of women.

headphoneson's picture
Posted by headphoneson (not verified) on 7 March 2005 - 5:52am
I think I know who you're talking about

He is a whinging troll. He goes around the net and picks fights. That's pretty much all he does.

He's got a real bug up his a$$ about feminism and women; he's obsessed. He goes around the net, sniffing the butt of every feminist he can find. He's gone on Wikipedia to assert that RAWA is lying about the Taliban and that women in Afghanistan are all being educated, etc. Their big crime in one post on a blog was being both feminist and communist--also, for not pointing out the abuses of men (which they have, they condemned the killings of Taliban soliders by the Northern Alliance on their site, but hey, who needs the facts?)

He trolls the internet looking to start fights, gets to be the center of attention for awhile, and then snivels when he's called on his behavior. It's quite the pattern with him.

And yes, headphoneson, one does wonder why these guys don't try to form their own shelters. But of course that's not the point. The point isn't to make things better for men--these reactionaries see feminism as a zero-sum game. In their minds, the only way to make things "better" for men is to make them worse for women. They expect women to make things better for men, but won't explain why they have been so absent from the fight for women's equality--except to say that oh, women don't have any problems. In other word, shut up bitch and make me the center of your world.

Sheelzebub's picture
Posted by Sheelzebub (not verified) on 7 March 2005 - 9:50am
Live and Learn

I didn't know what a "troll" was until this one clubbed the back of my head and tried to drag me under his bridge! Incidentally, I gave him a piece of my mind on DKos too and now I can't find it. Do you suppose I was erased?

blue rebel's picture
Posted by blue rebel on 7 March 2005 - 1:38pm
He's one of a dozen

or so I've encountered. As soon as he called me a name, I stopped answering him. MG likes to keep it civil around here, and I like that. Some sites want you to fight it out, but that's draining. His whole point was to be reactive. He used profane terms for shock value without even knowing what they meant. He couldn't reason his way out of a paper bag.

I hate to say it, but I am automatically suspicious of guys who post on feminist blogs. I give them a chance to show me who they are, but if I smell troll, I have NO patience. Going into a site with the intent to disrupt is a form of violation. I'd like to do a survey sometime about how many women writers have had to deal with something like this. It can get pretty unpleasant.

Posted by Morgaine Swann on 7 March 2005 - 10:30pm
He was the first

The other men who've engaged in discussion here have been at worst courteous and respectful in discussion, even when in disagreement. It's because of men like them that I do not get all gloomy about the patriarchy.

What I think is telling is how fearful our little troll was -- almost to the point of hysteria. He's a low man in the pecking order, I suspect, so he lashes out at women. Thusly he proves his manhood.

Posted by media girl on 7 March 2005 - 10:54pm
Erased?

Ah, just my paranoia kicking in; it was on bump, not dkos! This internet stuff is harder than it looks.

"Never mind." Emily Latella