Drug me up, dumb me down

Comments

I just blogged the same thing!

Hi,

I just came from Our Word to this post and I cannot believe I just blogged about the exact same thing today. I have been increasingly depressed and worried about being bullied and abused by extremists on my blog and on other peoples. I was seeking support at Our Word and found it. Thank you. I don't feel so alone anymore.

deviousdiva's picture
Posted by deviousdiva (not verified) on 5 November 2005 - 11:02am
You are welcome here

n/t

Posted by media girl on 5 November 2005 - 12:21pm
Feeling saner

Thank you. i am feeling saner today, thanks to Our Word and Mediagirl.

deviousdiva's picture
Posted by deviousdiva on 5 November 2005 - 12:28pm
I think you take to the

I think you take to the extreme when you hear something you dont agree with. Like when I commented the first time on the less than serious post-modern bit you did and you threatened to ban me. I think you should use the racist nazi white-male power label argument less. It too knee-jerk and impulsive. your argument against their opinion was that its the type of talk found on white power sites--thats an argument under fallacy.

anyway my advice-exercise excerise exercise every day as soon as you wake up to keep up the good feelings.

stan's picture
Posted by stan (not verified) on 5 November 2005 - 11:52am
You're not paying attention, are you?

There are different people posting here. I know it can get so confusing, so many women with opinions....We all just sound alike, don't we?

/snark

Posted by media girl on 5 November 2005 - 12:03pm
What's more
I think you should use the racist nazi white-male power label argument less.

Where does she do this? And since you get us all mixed up, where have any of us posted this in "knee-jerk and impuslive" ways?

And are you denying the existence of neo-Nazis, patriarchy and racism altogether?

Posted by media girl on 5 November 2005 - 12:12pm
Bullies scream and shout

...figuring that they somehow are making more sense if they employ more volume, more vitriol, more viciousness. Of course, it's the model discourse offered by the right-wing media elite, from the babboon shows on cable to the fantasists on the radio.

It's a method employed by the establishment to stifle dissent. What's ironic is that, despite their power, their response is largely out of fear -- if dissent is heard, then they might be disbelieved. (Oh dear!)

That they feel they have to go get in people's faces, well, that's information about them, not about you. Not content to blather away on their own sites, they have to go trolling around.

Posted by media girl on 5 November 2005 - 12:19pm
You are exactly right!!

"The thing to remember is that their goal is for you to get emotional and lose control. They're trying to push your buttons. They don't want debate, they want you to get angry. It validates their hate and rage at the world that doesn't exist to serve them."

Of course! They didn't want a debate, that would be hard. Still, when people I know and care express ideas like that, it's frightening and sad.

And it was racist, tho those words that define racism weren't used. when you refer to people on welfare as junkies and criminals and connect them with the guys who attempted to rob Goetz AND state that those guys should have been killed (strung up?!!!) AND refer to them as savages, you are a f*%#cking racist thankyouverymuch. So connecting their speech to white power movements, even tho they didn't use the term "mud people", is perfectly valid. I only brushed over the topic, so you are at a disadvantage as you didn't get to read it.

That said, thank you for the advice on dealing with depression and recovery. :-)

Depression of a pet project of mine. heh. I hope knowing that the struggle is shared will help you and others get thru it. I know it helped me in the past. Don't blame yourself b/c you can't find a reason for the pain and assume (the way any logical brain would) that you are at fault. As I said, your brain has to reason and when in doubt, doubts itself.

www.manicexpressions.net